The new Website Audit tool has been rewritten from the ground up. There are several new pages in the report:
- The overview page now shows the progress of every web page issue over time.
- The new page “Content topics” shows the most popular topics on the pages of a site.
- The new page “Duplicate content” shows the duplicate content of your website at a glance.
- The new page “Indexability” shows the indexability of the pages of the analysed website.
- The new page “Links to external pages” shows the most linked external domains on the website with statistics.
- The new page “Links to internal pages” shows a statistical overview of the internal links on the analysed website.
- The new page “Security” reports security problems of your website.
- The new pages “Structured data” and “Technologies” give an overview of the usage of structured data markup code and other technologies (for example AMP) on the analysed website.
What’s better in the new Website audit tool?
The new Website Audit tool is the most comprehensive audit tool that you can get.
- Now supports HTTP/2 and all kinds of HTTPS sites (including the more exotic configurations).
- Now checks for the maximum title width (in pixels) that Google is able to display on the search result page.
- Now follows frameset links (FRAME src, IFRAME src) on websites that use outdated framing methods.
- You can now export duplicate page titles, duplicate meta descriptions and all “noindex” errors. In addition, you can now preview the export files.
- The robots.txt file will now be checked for syntax errors and spelling mistakes in commands.
- The Website Audit tool now supports all kinds of structured data that is used by Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, Twitter and Facebook, i.e. JSON-LD, RDFa, Microdata, Microformats, Twitter Cards and Open Graph.
- You can now override your robots.txt file by specifying a crawl delay and a list of allowed/disallowed URLs.
- You can now enter up to 1000 words (per project) that will be ignored by the spell checker.
- You can now specify a user agent. For example, this enables you to crawl your website as Googlebot.
- You can now select the Accept-Language header to crawl locale-adaptive content.
- AJAX escaped fragment websites will now be recognised automatically.
- The Website Audit tool now loads pages with a size of up to 10 MB.
You get better filters, better instructions, and much more. The new website audit tool offers everything that you need to get the best rankings for your web pages.
Existing customers can experience the new auditing tool by visiting the Client Portal page.